How to Prepare for Slip and Fall Claim
Being injured in a slip and fall can leave you with immense pain. Often, not knowing what steps to take in the immediate aftermath can result in prolonged and unnecessary suffering. In order to strengthen your chances of receiving fair compensation that helps you recover, be sure to:
- Take pictures of the area
- Taking pictures of the area where the slip and fall occurred can help provide vital evidence in determining who was the negligent party
- Take pictures of the area from different angles
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Request an incident report
- If the accident occurred in a public place, business establishment, apartment complex or government building request that an incident report be taken and be sure to obtain a copy of the incident report
- Seek medical attention
- If you are injured as a result of the slip and fall, seek medical attention immediately
- Contact a personal injury attorney
- An experienced slip and fall attorney can help explain the nature of your case and guide you towards a successful settlement
Why Slip and Fall Accidents Requires a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Slip and fall accidents require a lawyer for a number of reasons, including the complexity of a given case. Every slip and fall case is unique and may require a alternative approach in order to successful recover on a claim or lawsuit. Most common slip and fall accidents are usually caused by the following:
- Wet or greasy floors
- Loose or broken floors, sidewalks, steps, or stairs
- Unsecured rugs or carpets
- Liquid spills
- Improperly placed extension cords
No Warning or Caution Signs Placed Placed Near the Hazard That Caused The Slip and Fall
The absences of warnings or caution signs situated near the hazard that caused you to slip and fall, can be a indicator of the property manager’s negligence. However, there are specific elements that must be proven and evidence that must show. Such as that the property manager failed to put a warning sign within a reasonable time of discovering the hazard or failed to notice the hazard within a reasonable time.
The complexities of this type of claim can make it difficult for you to fight alone. Let us do the legwork on your claim so you can focus on your recovery.
If you were injured due to a slip and fall accident our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us at (310) 943-1171, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a free consultation tailored to the specifics of your case, our attorneys at Kaass Law speak English, French, Spanish, Russian, Armenian, and Italian.