Buses are the primary way of transportation for millions of Americans each day. The convenience of traveling without a car is provided by buses. Bus wrongful death is not always a common occurrence, however, it is possible. This may be a fantastic method to cut costs and lessen your impact on the environment. Using public transit has a lot of advantages, but there are also dangers.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there are roughly 300 bus wrongful-death accidents in the United States each year.
Why Do I Need a California Bus Accidents Attorney?
If you have been in a bus accident, you might be considering whether you require the services of a bus accident attorney. The situation you are in will determine the answer, according to experts.
You may probably require legal counsel if you sustain serious injuries or if there is major property damage. You can navigate the convoluted legal system with the assistance of an accomplished Los Angeles bus accident lawyer, who will also fight for your rights.
What Are Bus Wrongful Death Accidents?
When a bus collides with another car, a pedestrian, or an item, it is a form of traffic accident. Several things, such as driver error, mechanical issues, bad weather, and poor road conditions, can result in bus accidents. Bus collisions can result in property damage, injuries, and even wrongful death, depending on how severe the collision is.
Injuries From Bus Accidents
Generally speaking, traveling the bus is a secure mode of transportation. There will, however, inevitably be accidents involving buses that could cause serious harm and lasting effects.
Injuries that you might have suffered if you were a driver or passenger in a bus collision include the ones listed below.
- Broken bones. Passengers or pedestrians are liable to sustain serious bone fractures if enough force is applied. Broken bones can result in a variety of issues, such as a prolonged inability to work or a high cost of medical treatment. Lacerations/Cuts. After a serious bus accident, victims’ bodies may be covered in deep cuts or lacerations that will surely require considerable medical care due to slashed bodies brought on by shattered glass or other contact with sharp objects. There is a chance that these wounds will leave some kind of permanent scarring.
- Whiplash harm. Whiplash is a rapid movement or acceleration of the head that typically happens in a rear-end collision. Whiplash is the most commonly mentioned personal injury among bus accident victims. Due to the quick impact of the accident, when a bus abruptly stops, it may result in neck swelling and bruises.
- Spinal Cord Damage. There are instructions for medical professionals to check for spinal cord injuries in bus accidents before assessing the subject for other probable ailments. Injury to the spinal cord can result in long-term issues like paralysis or restricted mobility.
- Brain Damage. After a car collision, passengers could hit their heads against the seat in front of them or another hard object. This may result in serious consequences including traumatic brain injury or loss of cognitive ability.
What in California Causes Bus Accidents Most Often?
To begin a claim for injuries sustained in a bus accident, one must first determine what happened and who is responsible for any expenditures.
The following are the primary reasons for bus accidents:
- Bus drivers are worn out from working too many hours.
- Failure of the motorist to obey traffic laws, such as failing to stop at a red light, speeding through a red light, or failing to surrender the right-of-way.
- Aggressive driving practices include speeding, lane switching quickly, neglecting to signal, and others.
- Driving while distracted.
- The blood in your body cannot carry enough oxygen when you are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI). It leads to a condition known as sleepiness.
- Improper inspection and upkeep resulted in mechanical failures.
Contact an Experienced Attorney Today for a Bus Wrongful Death Case
The first thing to do if you are a victim of a wrongful death which was while riding the bus is to get in touch with a personal injury lawyer. They can assist you in comprehending your legal alternatives and assisting you in bringing a wrongful death lawsuit. Acting immediately is crucial because there might be a statute of limitations. Contact us today at 310-943-1171.