Accident Liability Insurance Coverage for Uber and Lyft
Under California law, Uber, Lyft, and other TNCs are required to carry an insurance policy containing $1 million liability coverage. Unfortunately, many times both passengers and pedestrians that have been injured by an Uber or Lyft driver’s negligence face a great deal of difficulties in recovering fair settlements. Our Ride-Share Accident Attorneys have helped many Uber and Lyft drivers that have been involved in accidents. Many feared being sued after their insurance company denies coverage under their insurance policy.
Next time you decide to use Uber for a night out in Hollywood, make sure the driver has the proper insurance coverage, such as Metromile, which is discussed below. Our Los Angeles Uber Accident Lawyer at KAASS LAW will frequently encounter the following questions: As Uber and Lyft passengers’ what happens if we are not covered under an Uber or Lyft drivers insurance policy? What happens if the insurance company denies a passengers claim? What if Uber passenger sustained injuries and were rushed to the hospital? Will Uber pay for my medical bills, treatments, and other damages? How do drivers and passengers recover money damages? If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident or have any questions regarding ride-share insurance, Uber accident, Lyfy accident, or any of the questions listed above, give us a call for a free consultation and maximize recovery for your Uber accident injury claims. Our attorneys represent Uber and Lyft drivers in Los Angeles, Glendale, and the San Fernando Valley.
California Insurance Commissioner allowed Uber to obtain additional liability coverage through an insurance company called, “Metromile”. Metromile Insurance Company offers drivers the opportunity to add coverage on top of their personal auto policy. If your driver has additionally liability coverage with Metromile, it goes into effect as soon as they turn on their app. In other words, once an Uber driver, begins working and turns on the Uber app, liability coverage with Metromile goes into effect.
What if I sustained injuries?
- Even if you do not feel immediate pain, it is recommended that you seek medical attention. We know what you are probably thinking, “oh you attorneys always trying to exaggerate everything”. But, no seriously, many times, you may not instantly feel pain right away because often times, auto accident victims usually feel pain or soreness day(s) following the accident.
What should I do next?
- Contact all the parties involved and ask if a claim has been filed with their insurance
- Request the claim number and adjuster’s contact information
- It is recommended that you do not speak to the adjuster directly rather consult with your lawyer or one that specializes in Uber and Lyft auto accidents
- Generally, adjusters use various tactics to make you go away or deny coverage. Thus, it is in your best interest to hire an lawyer experienced in such cases.
Give us a call, our attorneys speak English, French, Spanish, Russian, Armenian, Hebrew, Farsi, and Arabic.