Products that are explosive or flammable but are not properly labeled or designed can endanger consumers. Unfortunately, when these products fail, they can cause catastrophic injuries or even death. In this blog, we’ll look at the dangers of improperly labeled or designed explosive or flammable products. Also what you can do if you or a loved one has been affected by one of these products.
Understanding Explosive and Flammable Products
Explosive and flammable products are those that, if exposed to heat or a spark, have the potential to cause a fire or explosion. These items can range from gas grills and fireworks to industrial machinery and chemicals in homes, workplaces, and public spaces.
You can find products that are explosive or flammable in a variety of settings and pose serious risks to consumers. Here are some examples of flammable and explosive products:
- Gasoline. Gasoline is highly flammable and can cause a fire or explosion if not handled or stored properly. One can use gasoline to power automobiles, boats, and other machinery.
- Fireworks contain explosive materials that, if not handled properly, can cause serious injuries.
- Propane is a popular fuel for heating, cooking, and powering equipment. Propane tanks and propane-powered appliances can be hazardous if not properly maintained and used.
- Chemicals. Chemicals used in industrial settings can be highly explosive or flammable, posing a serious risk to workers and the general public if not handled properly.
- Lithium-ion batteries. One can use lithium-ion batteries in many electronic devices which can pose a significant risk if not properly designed and manufactured. Defective lithium-ion batteries have caught fire or exploded, resulting in serious injuries or even death.
Therefore, one must follow proper safety procedures when handling and using explosive and flammable products to reduce the risks associated with them. This can include following product labels and instructions, properly maintaining equipment and appliances, and avoiding using these products near open flames or heat sources.
The Risks of Malfunctioning Explosive or Flammable Products
When an explosive or flammable product fails, it can cause serious injuries or even death. A gas grill that leaks propane, for example, can ignite and cause an explosion, whereas a faulty space heater can start a fire that quickly spreads throughout a home. In some cases, these products can cause fatal injuries. A faulty e-cigarette battery, for example, can explode, resulting in severe burns or even death.
How Product Liability Laws Protect Consumers
Fortunately, product liability laws protect consumers from the dangers of improperly labeled or designed explosive and flammable products. Manufacturers, distributors, and retailers may be liable for injuries or deaths caused by their products under these laws. There are three categories of product liability laws: design flaws, manufacturing flaws, and marketing flaws. Design flaws occur when a product’s design is inherently dangerous, whereas manufacturing flaws occur when a product is incorrectly manufactured. Marketing defects occur when a manufacturer is incorrect, such as when a label fails to warn of a product’s dangers.
What to Do If You’ve Explosive or Flammable Product Affected you
The first step is to seek medical attention for any injuries. Afterward, you should follow a consultation with a personal injury attorney who can advise you on your legal options. Your lawyer can assist you in gathering evidence. Also identifying potential defendants, and negotiating with insurance companies and other parties involved in the case.
Explosive or flammable products can pose a serious risk to consumers. They can cause catastrophic injuries or wrongful death if they fail. Fortunately, product liability laws protect consumers from these dangers, and personal injury attorneys can assist those who had injuries or losses because of these products in recovering damages.
Contact our Experienced Attorney Today
Contact us today at 310-943-1171. So that you can schedule a consultation if you or a loved one has been injured by an explosive or flammable product. Our skilled personal injury lawyers can assist you in understanding your legal options and fighting for the compensation you deserve. Visit our other website for more information!